England is in the grip of its coldest weather for several years, with snow expected into Saturday for many parts of the country. That might mean some unpredictable conditions on Premier League pitches across the country, and a test of every team’s adaptability. Barely anyone can afford a bad performance though, as – aside from the team in 1 st place – this is one of the tightest league tables in years. So who will shine in the winter snow as we enter the last 10 games of the season? Here to help you work that out are our friends at Armchair Fancast – the weekly podcast discussing all the latest happenings from the Premier League –with their top five player picks for your FPL team this week! Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here, and follow them on Twitter here!
- Andrew Robertson (LIV, £4.8): Liverpool’s young Scotsman has quietly been making the most of the opportunity afforded to him at left back over the past few months by Alberto Moreno’s injury, and last week he provided his second assist of the season. The Reds are unbeaten at Anfield in the Premier League this season, and although opponents Newcastle have one of the better away records of the teams currently fighting relegation, there is no reason to think defeat is on the cards for Klopp’s men here. Robertson is therefore an excellent, in-form budget pick.
- Ben Davies (TOT, £5.8): Speaking of in-form left backs, Ben Davies is making a pretty solid case for inclusion in the Premier League team of the year. The Welshman has scored the maximum 3 bonus points for his FPL managers twice in the past five gameweeks, during which time he has also picked up two assists and three clean sheets. Tottenham host Huddersfield this weekend – a team who had failed to score in three consecutive away games before their win at West Brom last week.
- Manuel Lanzini (WHU, £6.6): Remember how brilliantly the relationship between Marko Arnautovic and Manuel Lanzini was developing in January before both got injured? Well, now they’re both fighting fit again, and that’s got to be bad news for West Ham’s upcoming opponents. Games against Swansea, Burnley and Southampton in the next four weeks all look very promising on paper if these two can quickly rediscover the chemistry they had earlier in the winter.
- David Silva (MCI, £7.9): He’s had a difficult second half of the season, with only three times in the last ten gameweeks that he has managed a full 90 minutes, but David Silva has shown in two games against Arsenal this week just how effective he can be. A home game against an inconsistent Chelsea provides a good opportunity for him to bag a third goal in seven days, as City cruise towards the Premier League title.
- Troy Deeney (WAT, £6.3): The arrival of Javi Gracia at Watford has pushed club captain Troy Deeney to an upturn in form, with a goal in two of the Hornets’ last three games. This week they host rock-bottom West Brom, against whom Deeney scored in this same fixture last year. Potentially difficult trips to Arsenal and Liverpool follow this weekend, but for now at least, Deeney is an excellent choice at a low price.
Author: Dave Bradshaw